1997

1997 Number One Songs
DateArtist - TitleWeeks
at #1

1997 Number One Songs
 – Spice Girls - 2 Become 13
 – Tori Amos - Professional Widow (It's Got To Be Big)1
 – White Town - Your Woman1
 – Blur - Beetlebum1
 – LL Cool J - Ain't Nobody1
 – U2 - Discotheque1
 – No Doubt - Don't Speak3
 – Spice Girls - Mama / Who Do You Think You Are3
 – Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats1
 – R Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly3
 – Michael Jackson - Blood On The Dance Floor1
 – Gary Barlow - Love Won't Wait1
 – Olive - You're Not Alone2
 – Eternal feat. Bebe Winans - I Wanna Be The Only One1
 – Hanson - MMMBop3
 – Puff Daddy and Faith Evans feat. 112 - I'll Be Missing You6 (3)
 – Oasis - D'you Know What I Mean1
 – Puff Daddy and Faith Evans feat. 112 - I'll Be Missing You6 (3)
 – Will Smith - Men In Black4
 – Verve - The Drugs Don't Work1
 – Elton John - Candle In The Wind 1997 / Something About The Way You Look Tonight5
 – Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life1
 – Aqua - Barbie Girl4
 – Various Artists - Perfect Day3 (2)
 – Teletubbies - Teletubbies Say Eh-oh!2
 – Spice Girls - Too Much2
Source: The Official Charts Company
25 different songs hit number one in the UK during 1997.